Thursday, July 31, 2008

One week to go!





I am really looking forward to my trip home to visit my family. Here is a picture of my Mom, Dad, and brother Petie. Mom and Dad are wonderful people... they have always been there for me and I love them so much! You already met Petie last post... he is adoreable!


My husband, TD, started this thing called Family Saturday last year when we lived closer to my family. (sigh)... It takes place every second Saturday of the month and usually my dear sister-in-law Jenna comes up with a theme...

I actually suggested this next Family Saturday's theme as: YOUR SIGNATURE DISH...

I thought of it as TD and I watched The Next Food Network Star on FoodTV channel... one of my favorite channels and shows! Everytime we have Family Saturday we make food that goes along with the theme... I guess this theme is all about the food! I will be sure to post everyone's great dishes! I already know that Boo Boo and Mandy will make their famous bananas foster and my Dad will make his famous cheese and onion pizza! Who knows what Mom will make, as all of her dishes are signature dishes! Also, I am sure that Jenna will make something delish! Petie will be making his soon-to-be-famous spinach and strawberry salad! What will I be making? Well, it is still a surprise!
Do you have a signature dish?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sunday
We went to our family next door for dinner,laughs and solve the world conversations. We had a blast. The one thing that was missing was Mrs. Terry.
On Monday morning I called over to your Mom's house looking for Peter. Mom told me he was not home I asked to send him over with his new lap top. He did not know it I had a case I thought he could use.
He asked your mom what did I want.
He as usual did not say much,but it was good to see him.
Your dad came over tuesday morning to try and help me fix my water softner neither one was able to fix. Its nie to live in a place where you are not alone. Aunt Jeanne and I are blessed that they moved in accross the street because with out them this would not be a fun place to be.

Terry said...

Hi,Uncle Tony!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for visiting my blog!
I am glad that you and Aunt Jeanne are my parent's neighbors and close friends! Sounds like all of you had a good time on Sunday! I still remember the last tea I attended at your wonderful home. What a splendid time! And it was sweet that Aunt Jeanne let me use the " special tea cup"! Hope all is well with you, Aunt Jeanne, and Kathleen! See you soon!
Love,
terry