Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I Love Freebies!




Who doesn't love to get something for free? It feels like Christmas when I go to the mailbox now and I cannot believe that there was this entire world of free stuff out there that I could get just by doing a little research. I am very grateful to the gracious people that share on their blogs about freebies. Here is what I received recently:


Country Home Magazine
TV Guide
Metropolitan Home
Kraft Food & Family ( with a coupon for free salad dressing!)
Quaker Simple Harvest
Nature's Bounty vitamins
tea sample from Republic of Tea
Kotex samples
Digestive Advantage Gas defense formula
Huggies pull ups
A bunch of coupons for Alaway... I wrote a letter to Bausch and Lomb thanking them for the awesome sample they sent. In reply, they sent me a gracious letter and additional coupons! What a great company.
***********Earlier today I was thinking of things that steal away my time.
I have a habit of wanting to write everything down. I mean everything.
Name the type of journal and I have got it!
I have a prayer journal, daily journal, work journal, food journal, spending journal, etc.
whew!
So... in an effort to simplify my life, I have decided to try to limit my writing. Only one journal for thoughts, etc. No more writing down everything I spend or eat. It is complicating my life.
Do any of you have the urge to write down so much of what is going on in your life?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Terry-
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a wonderful post. My husband is traveling back to VA this weekend and will hopefully get to see Jacob before he returns to finish his last school. I have been tryign not to watch the news too much because it seems like Afghanistan is back in the news again...but Jacob is ready to go and serve and God will go before him and lay out a path for him. Thanks again for your prayers
Patti

Terry said...

Patti,
I am so happy to hear from you! Hopefully your husband will be able to see Jacob this weekend... I am sure that would mean alot to both of them! You are right... God will surely lay a path for Jacob and Jacob will follow with true faith. I will sincerly think of Jacob and pray for him when I think of our military members. I will be sure to visit your blog to find out how he is doing. By the way, if he would like to have an extra care package from a grateful citizen, please let me know as I would love to send him something to show my appreciation for his dedication to our country! Take care,Patti!